Prayer for Spiritual Strength • West Campus
After reading Ephesians 3:14-21 and watching the sermon recap video, share a time when you were aware of the strength of God being displayed in your life or the life of someone you know.
Pastor Matt pointed out that the Christian life is not a life lived for God, but the life of Christ lived in us, through us, with us, and sometimes in spite of us through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- What are some ways you’ve tried or are trying to live a life FOR God? How are you trying to earn the things that God has already given us in Christ?
By praying that Jesus would dwell in our “inner being” Paul was praying that Christ would make His residence in our lives and begin the renovations of our hearts to change all the broken, dirty, disorganized, and deadly things found within ourselves. This of course at times can be challenging for us.
- What is Christ renovating in your life currently?
- What are the areas in your life that you continue to try to hide from the cleansing redemptive work of Christ?
Paul also prayed that we would know the dimesnsions of Christ’s love and that we would be rooted in them. He didn’t leave this to our own devices but redeemed us and placed us within the Church for strength and nourishment. Christian community is the soil in which our understanding of Christ’s love grows and is experienced.
- In what ways have you experienced the love of Christ in community with other believers?
- In what ways have you found it difficult to know and experience Christ’s love in community with other believers?
- How are we as a community making it possible for non believing people to know and experience Christ’s love?
As a community take some time to share the ways that God has shown Himself strong within your community as a whole, and in the lives of the individuals who comprise your community.