Embodying Endurance | Dec. 11, 2016
- What are some goals or relationships you have given on in the past year? What are some goals or relationships that you have not given up on in the past year?
- The Gospel produces patience and endurance because Jesus overcame resistance in suffering. What makes us give up on Mission before we even try? How have we made excuses for people's response to the Gospel before we've even extended them the Gospel? How are we failing to draw vision from the Lord for the redemption of our neighborhoods?
- What redemptive goals and relationships do we as a community need to establish in or for our neighborhoods?
- How can we establish and celebrate even the small benchmarks of progress together, and also celebrate small benchmarks of progress as we engage our communities missionally?
- The Servant in Isaiah embodied endurance, even in the face of intense suffering. What suffering are you currently enduring? How are you enduring in community with other believers? How are you enduring in Isolation?
- The Servant's hearing is awakened morning by morning to know how to "sustain with a word those who are weary". How are you creating space in your life to hear the word that creates joyful vision for your life and your community?
- What is the vision to which God is calling you (in other words, what are one or two things the Lord is nudging you to do next year)? What obstacles are preventing you from setting goals and establishing relationships in pursuit of that vision?
- The Servant's hearing is awakened morning by morning to know how to "sustain with a word those who are weary". How are you creating space for your family to hear the word that creates joyful vision for your family?