Approach of the King | Feb. 5, 2017
- What motivates people to endure?
- What are some reasons people give up too easily?
- We learned that God's plan for redemption is bigger than just personal salvation. Our misunderstanding of this causes us to make Jesus into a king of our choosing. In what ways have we made Jesus who we desire Him to be, and not who He truly is?
- Expectant preparation has to take place in order for us to faithfully endure. What types of preparations have we made in order to faithfully endure as followers of Jesus? What are some practical ways we can make margin in our life to be prepared followers of Jesus? In what ways have we made preparations to sacrifice towards the kingdom of God?
- In light of the promise that when Jesus returns every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord, How are we announcing the kingdom of God as a community to the world around us? What are some practical ways we can become announcers of the kingdom of God?
- In light of God using the humble to advance His kingdom, what hinders you from participating in God's kingdom work? In what ways do you feel inadequate, and how does that reveal a dependence on yourself in place of Jesus?
- In light of the promise that when Jesus returns every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord, How are you announcing the kingdom to the world around you? What are some practical ways you can become announcers of the kingdom?
- God calls us to a life of sacrifice towards His kingdom. What is the Lord asking you to submit to His use for the advancement of His kingdom?
- God calls us to a life of sacrifice towards His kingdom. What is the Lord asking your family to submit to His use for the advance of His kingdom? What could your family joyfully sacrifice for the advancement of the Gospel in your neighborhood?
- What are some practical ways that your family can practice expectant preparation as you endure in light of the return of the coming King Jesus?